Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the positive feedback on the first podcast. We know that the audio isn't the best quality and that for now it's only in the left channel, but bear with us. We're still working on fixing that issue. Hopefully this episode sounds better thanks to Brad England of Sight Unseen Productions. Also, we now have fantastic theme music by Jarred Matthes.
This episode is #603 "What Kate Does" and we recorded it on September 26, 2009.
We've also got a few photos from the set of The Temple for you!
Notice how short the Temple building really is. That's the magic of special effects! (So when you hate on the SFX of the show keep in mind you're not even seeing half of it. Our best effects are the things you don't notice.)
44 comments:
Woo-hoo! Great job, guys! And thanks for the shout-out! - Jarred
Good show. Favorite parts were 22's impersonation of Robert and the possibility of Hurley losing an arm.
Enjoyed listening to your ramblings :) So, is the arm broken on that temple statue??!!
Yes! More stuff like this! I love seeing it!
What justin said!
Jorge and Beth,
I must say that I really appreciate the fact that you take the time and consideration to share your experiences and insight with your fans.
It's not every day that you have someone in a position such as yours who wants to interact so closely with fans. It definitely adds another layer of entertainment to the show for me.
So, even though I'm only one of the many fans of yours, I must say thanks again and I look forward to hearing podcasts from the rest of the season.
Thanks.
Grrr. I think I just lost the comment I posted so I'll try again.
You two play off one another really well. Beth, you seem like such a fun, goofy person - along with having a really good memory for details in the show - and I love how you're always laughing. You two must set each other off all the time! I too have a tendency to bring up Harry Potter a lot in LOST discussions. Always glad to hear a reference there!
The part that made me laugh the most was the image of the Black Rock people dragging the ship across the Island. LOL! I was completely cracking up over that. And the fact that all those people were actually waiting for cabs when you guys were trying to film.
Interesting point about how Dogen probably doesn't know about Fake Locke, and whether that might have changed his approach to Sayid. I agree Ben probably didn't know about Jacob's nemesis, though he was aware of the Smoke Monster and thought he could control it at least sometimes. I get the sense that Dogen wasn't ever part of Ben's Others; that he was at the Temple already when Richard led the gang there, and had been for a long time. I guess Richard didn't go back to the Temple after the mercenary massacre because he was waiting for John to come back.
I thought at first that Sayid was Jacob, but now I don't. I hope we do see Jacob again, though.
Anyway, lots of great stuff in here. And I love the peppy theme music! Since Hurley was the last major character in season one to get a flashback, and since we have considerably fewer season six episodes... Wouldn't a Hurley-centic series finale be awesome?? Though I think it'll most likely be an ensemble finale - so second-to-last episode maybe. Can't wait to see what's in store for him. I'd say he's off to a great start!
Awesome job guys! I loved it! The pictures definitely remind of the Nickelodeon show "Legends of the Hidden Temple." Remember that? :)
#603 was a little Meh. My favorite development has nothing to do with plot. I like the way that Miles has become Hurley's new Sawyer. I always enjoy the exchanges between Miles and Hurley. Keep up the great podcast.
Awesome podcast guys. Can't wait till next week!
I haven't listened yet, but I did want to say that I am relatively new to the LOST online community, but the two things that surprised me most were 1) The fans who whine about the CGI and 2)the fans that hate the Kate character.
In my opinion LOST's location visuals are worth more than any Na'vi-BS-Expensive CGI shots. That is not to say that I find the CGI in the show sub-par, I think it is pretty good actually. But I am still impressed by claymation.
Also, this episode had it rough following that amazing premiere, but I thought it was a fine episode. Although, every episode could always use a little more Hurley. He also remains my daughter's favorite character.
JMP
Would you guys do me a big favor and check the script to see if Lennon said Dogen "doesn't" or "didn't" have a sense of humor? There's a big debate going on about this on a "Lost" forum. I'm in the "doesn't" camp. Thanks for your time.
Love your podcast and how you and Beth interact! Thanks so much for putting this on...you give us fans a lot of inside info and you also seem as perplexed as we are!
Can't wait for the next one!
great pictures..I used to be a prop maker at paramount studio when lavern and shirley, and that crew was shooting ...mork and mindy..every thing is made 3/4 scale..and is made to break away for camera shots..we nailed everything together with nails called squeakers..because if you had to pull them out(toed in instead of straight) it would make this horrible loud squek when it came out.so everyone knew you'd screwed up...the sets look pretty realistic..
Love your podcast! I'm still laughing at the image of the Black Rock being pushed and dragged across the island. 'Cause you know sailing around it would've taken way too long. That was great.
Favorite part of the episode was Hurley asking Sayid if he's a zombie, mainly because it forced Sayid to say in that patient, long-suffering tone "No, I am not a zombie."
@Bobby Crosby
The script says: I doubt it. He doesn't really have a sense of humour.
I think John Hawkes (Lennon) put a Southern twist on it and said "duddint".
Great!! I'll have to check out the podcast, now!! THanks for sharing!
Man this podcast is awesome! Hi, just boosting the number of comments.
Thanks!
Awesome pics. Can't wait to see more. Have to wait til I have access to wifi then I'll subscribe to the podcast. Sounds like I'm gonna love it though
Your just like Hurley in real lifw! Is that because the writers wrote the part specifically for you? Love the music, and the podcast. Look forward to next week.
Thanks for the podcast, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm sure that as you go forward, you'll be even more awesome.
Yeah Voltron! "..and I'll form the head..." lol Power Rangers also copied them......
Also- you mentioned Dogen clutching that vial when Hurley tells him Jacob is dead - he also does this when they tell him that Sayid is alive again.....wonder what is in that vial.
I think Claire is Claire - albeit the "dark-side" Claire - she did seem to have a fleeting moment of recognition of Jin though - guess we will see next week.
EKO: "Don't mistake coincidence for fate." -Can explain Claire/Kate/Ethan/Aaron or most of the alternate timeline?
Best line - "Are you a zombie?"
I HEART, HEART, HEART Sidekick 22's Harry Potter tangents!! ...except how the brilliance of the Horcrux idea made me spit out my milk and cookies all over the coffee table. That was gross.
Thanks, you two, for the podcasts!
I think I'm gonna start a podcast called Jorge's Tooth...
thanks for a great podcast! I would put up a spoiler warning in the post part of this, before people go to the podcast page, and tell them where the spoiler occurs mentioning the next episode's centric character. I know you did it verbally in the podcast, but it was pretty quick.
I <3 the Harry Potter tangents, because I'm a huge HP dork myself :-) I'm on MuggleNet all the time!
Keep it up!
Loving the new podcast!
By the way, good list here of missing arms, etc. ... http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Missing_body_parts
I love you man!
GJB is both the worst thing to listen to when trying to read other stuff online and the most entertaining insight to Lost I have ever encountered. S22 has a great mastery of Lost-lore and Jorge is the best voice of the audience for the series.
The tangents are awesome too, I'd like to see or hear some non-Lost related podcasts, Jorge's House or Adventures with Jorge and Sidekick22, perhaps.
ok, Beth. Jorge's right about the inconsistent Other-Digs..
When Ben was stealing Alex, he brought her back to the Others, who were camping, there were tents...not in Dharmaville yet. BUT, it wasn't just a Ben decision to move there, because when Widmore was being banished, Ben leaves to say goodbye, and he was living in Dharmaville....Maybe they just wanted toilets.
I have more things, but I think I'll email em. This is getting kind of hefty.
wow. my verify word is peadert.
LOL, I love how confused you guys are about the show. :) And all the distraction like the motorcycles and the neighbor beating on his dryer add to the atmospheric charm.
I also marked out for the Voltron reference. If you were a boy in the mid-1980s, it'd be hard not to.
Re: dragging the Black Rock inland...
hasn't anyone seen Fitzcarraldo?
Great episode. You guys are getting better and better. So fun to listen to. If I didn't know better, I'd guess that you live in my same neighborhood in Kaimuki. Hawaii is much noisier than people would guess.
The best line of the episode 3: "Are you a zombie?" I almost die...
Cheers from Brazilian audience!
Great podcast. You brought up some interesting points.
From watching the episodes and recently watching all the "extra" stuff in season 1 DVD I think there is one main theme and all the characters are in there for support. The main theme is Jacob versus his nemesis, especially the exchange between them in the season finale.
Nemesis: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?
Jacob: You are wrong.
Nemesis: Am I? They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
A microcosm of humanity is being tested on the island. But no one knows they are being tested. Everything that happens on the island supports either of these themes. Jack and the Oceanic 6, Richard, and Illana are on Jacobs side, and this season is going to be a battle against the nemesis to see who can win. While Ben, Locke, Widmore are selfish people who can be on the nemesis’s side at times, whose actions are motivated by selfish reasons. The nemesis will try to convince Sawyer and Kate to be on his side, but they will ultimately choose to be good, because Sawyer is really a hero and unselfish person, and Kate is a good person deep down.
I don’t know how Jack’s/Claires dad comes in to play, is he a reincarnation of the nemesis and took over Jacob’s cabin? Remember how Illana said that Jacobs cabin had been invaded. Is the final showdown between Jack and his dad (aka the nemesis) and Jack finally beating his nemesis and causing the alternate reality to be the real reality?
I also think the alternate reality is the “good” reality, everyone’s fresh start, like the island was in the first season, nothing terribly bad has happened to them there. Ie, Ethan was a good doctor poking Claire with needles because she wanted to stop her contractions. Kate was “innocent”, maybe in the alternate reality she didn’t kill her father, just was accused. I'm interested to see how Charlie deals with his drug addiction in the alternate reality, that was one of the most intriguing episodes.
Oh my gosh, the "sexy Windmore" reference KILLED me! LOL!
This is great that you are doing a podcast. Podcasts are what gets me to work in the morning and motivate my run in the afternoon. It's so cool to listen to you, a cast member, ruminate over the show just like us humble viewers.
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts as the season goes along. and another podcast to brighten my dark winter days. I hope you keep going.
Hey Jorge and Sidekick22 - great podcast. I don't think there's really any problem with your energy level. You guys are trying to decipher that crazy script while talking to us. The insight really is great from an actor inside the show, probably a very rare occurrence. It's cool to hear about all of you guys on the set talked about what you think is going on or things that have happened- like Nestor and Jack Bender. I appreciate you two doing this! I enjoyed both of your musings throughout the 40 minutes.
Hi Jorge and Beth! I am really enjoying listening. I am an avid blogger on Nik at Nite and your insights and ideas really add to the fun of discussing theories. Thanks so much for doing this! :)
Btw, it's good to see you're as confused as the rest of us with the plot! LMAO!
You have no idea how much I enjoyed listening to this...I think sidekick is amazing and has such a wonderful grasp of Lost and love all the weird and funny and cool stuff in the script that she is highlighting. I don't think that you guys are "low energy" at all, am now scared of how hyper you are going to be late in Geronimo Jack's Beard season! I loved especially your speculations about the show, "sexy Widmore" on the horse, the story about actual people waiting in cabs, et cetera. This is very entertaining to listen to...I do hope you all do future podcasts for other things once "Lost" ends.
I really love this show, you guys crack me up and also have great insight into the show. Thanks for doing this - keep it up!!!
Wow man that's amazing how the Temple-set is really so short, how in the world do they make it look so huge on the show?
I really appreciate it more than you could ever imagine how you are sharing this stuff with your dedicated fans. . .thank you so much Jorge, you really are the best!
Awesome podcast of course, by the way!
Post a Comment