Unfortunately we had to edit out some of the things that we originally discussed because those moments did not make it to the episode that aired last night, so it might be a tiny bit choppy in just a few places.
Hmmmmmm, are you now wondering what those things were??? Sorry, can't say.
This is episode #604 The Substitute and we recorded it on October 4, 2009.
Listen here: 604 The Substitute
A few notes about last night's episode:
- Beth's new favorite line in the series: LOCKE "Have you ever parked a car in your life?!"
- Other names that we noticed on the ceiling: Goodspeed, Littleton, Troupe, Faraday, Straume
- Tucker Gates directed this epi and gave it very unique camera angles that we don't feel we've ever really seen in a LOST episode
- And did Josh sit in something when he had his boxers on in the house? I mean, tell me he sat in something. Even if he didn't sit in something, please tell me he sat in something. I can't wait to ask Josh about it.
49 comments:
Great podcast once again, guys!
And yes, Josh sat in something: poop.
Listening right now...I choked on my coffee at the idea of Locke crawling out of the bath while "when doves cry" plays. LOL
BTW, I'm married to a redhead AND he has an outie bellybutton! Ok, that's only half true.
Maybe he had some swamp ass going on in Hawaii. I noticed it too.
My husband & I both giggled over Sawyer's messy drawers. ;)
I spotted Rutherford on the wall too.
i LOVE your podcast. it's pretty cool to hear Jorge not remember certain scenes and have Sidekick 22 correct him. Hehe!
Sawyer's poopy pants!!!!
That boxer short stain will be forever embedded in my brain.That was a shocker, but funny.
Hey guys! Thanks for doing the podcasts and the blogs. They're awesome!
Had to laugh when I saw you noticed Sawyer's stain (ewww), I actually turned to my boyfriend during the episode and said "Did you see that? What the..."
Haha! My friend and I thought the same thing last night! We were all "Damn Sawyer, You need some new underpants!"
Great podcast guys!
yeah i didn't care for the camera angles at all. seemed really amateur and student film-ish.
agreed?
I guess the Others took all the t.p. with them when they went to the Temple.
Actually I would think Sawyer's briefs would have looked like that anyway, after slipping when climbing down the ladder on the cliff.
I agree that the direction was cool this ep. Smokey POV and ladder descent come to mind. Good work by the stunt team on those ladders too.
Also, a stray thought -- if Jack becomes the new Jacob, and events repeat, does that mean we're in for some Jack-ash in the future? %-)
Thanks for taking the time to do these great podcasts! As a fan of the show, it's very cool to listen to these. Keep up the good work!p
I'm totally loving the idea that Jacob is Tupac.
Random thoughts:
"How long can Locke hold his breath?" LOL
I, too, was quite horrified by Sawyer's underpants stain. I'd be curious to hear Josh's take on it.
Jacob is 2Pac and Smokey is Biggie. East Coast/West Coast Island war!
I think you're on to something about Smokey (or the Sickness, perhaps?) not having access to buried bodies. If you remember, the Others have always made a big deal about burying or burning bodies.
I can't be the only one that's bummed that Richard has lost all his mystique. The guy knows practically nothing!
Gary Troup was listed on the cave wall. Could this mean that the scene in the Pilot where it appears that a black blob flies down and destroys the engine (thus killing Troup) was not a technical glitch as the writers have claimed, and was actually Smokey picking him off?
Pickett's comment about Jack not being on the list seems like the writers were including it as an obvious clue, but plans changed and I think you can easily write it off as Pickett being a moron.
Ben's gonna strangle Locke in the other timeline because Locke didn't change the coffee filter.
Anyway, enjoying all the insight as always. I hope you keep on doing these podcasts for a long time, even if you have to review imaginary Season 7 scripts!
I assume you can't talk about the cut scenes because they might show up in later episodes?
Yes, please do let us know when you ask Josh about the dirty underwear stain! It's come up in every conversation I've been involved in! :)
I love listening to your podcasts! I have to say though, it's simultaneously fabulous and frustrating...fabulous to hear you guys hash out some great theories...frustrating because I want to join in the conversation! LOL! I find myself talking out loud as if you guys are talking in real time...agreeing with you, saying "hmmm" right along with Beth...wanting to jump in with a point...Good stuff! :)
Great episode. Your discussion was spot on.
To Sidekick22 -- thankyou so much for holding steadfast in your argument about Jack not being on "the list." This has been a huge issue for me as well, especially come the revelations of The Incident where we see Jacob hand-pick Jack.
True, Pickett was just a lowly grunt, but this doesn't completely invalidate his statement. He got information of Jacob's list through a chain of command. Richard gets the list from Jacob, Ben gets the list from Richard, and then Ben passes it off to his grunts to go out and collect the people on it, or what have you. I'm sure he had no idea what the list was for, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an important list. I also don't see it being a Ben-created list, since Jack was pretty important to Ben, and leaving him off would make no sense.
Sadly, I feel this will be one of the many details that TPTB chose to conveniently ignore this season.
This blog currently has 108 followers...you just can't escape those numbers Jorge...
Haven't listened yet, but I just want to say the episode last night was awesome. One of my favorite parts was when you were dressed in the suit telling Locke you owned the company. Maybe its a foreshadowing of what will happen to you on the island, are you the next leader? And then Ben with the coffee filter, that was some good stuff. And then there were more questions...but I have some ideas.
I am loving 2004 Hugo! He SOOOOO sweet and his self confidence is SOOOO sexy!I loved when he offered to go talk to Randy but instead gives John a better job. This show just could not be any better.
i've spent the last couple of years following jorge, then beth, than her brother justin's blogs because they are all very entertaining, and i initially listened to this podcast out of loyalty, but not to sound weird, beth and jorge have some of the best audio voices in the world. i listen to these podcasts before bed on wednesday night because they help me feel pleasant and sleepy, like a little kid being read a bedtime story.
The ladder that Sawyer and Locke climbed down, was that "Jacob's Ladder"?
I love these so much, thanks for doing them. Makes the last season (Sad) all the better.
Plus, just wanted to point out that the wall only said Shephard. By my count that could also mean Christian, maybe even Claire....and Aaron!!
PS, if Hugo dies, Ima be pissed. lol I <3 him
Jack wasn't on the list because it was Ben who put him on it to save his life. He didn't question the lists but he sure did Manipulate them for his benefit. Jack was the only one on the island that could "cure" Ben's Tumor
As Jorge says, "BOOOOOOOOMMM"
Someone put poop in Sawyer's shorts!
And I can't wait for more random Harry Potter references, Beth.
You have to let us know what josh says!
Have you guys considered adding a section to your podcast where you answer some fan questions? If so, I have one...People are calling the on-island Locke by many different names (Flocke, Man-In-Locke, etc.) What does the script list his name as? (and also, what's your favorite nickname for his character now?) -Thanks!
"It's always Abe Vigoda" LMAO Jorge...very funny...
You guys are awesome! I think that you should go back and do an episode by episode commentary for all the seasons. So when this final season of the best show is over, we can still hear what you guys think of Lost.
you talked briefly at the end about "what does locke teach?" and decided on sex ed. but he's a substitute. it showed him doing gym, science, etc. (hence the name lol) much like someone on the island is going to be a substitute for something. maybe sawyer will be substitute for locke and the guy in black will get into his body (wouldn't we all love to :)) and then go back to the temple. i'll bet kate will break him in thinking it's sawyer...hmmm
anyway LOVE the podcasts!!! they keep me company on my ride to work. keep it up!!
I was SO HOPING you two would say something about Josh's boxer shorts! I was thinking when I saw it "Beth's theory about "stain" in the script proved true! Josh stained his shorts while lifting hard on the debris covering poor Juliet! LOL!
I still need to listen to the podcast, but I have it downloaded and on my MP3 player ;-)
I hope you found out what was up with those nasty boxers! LOL!
Namaste!
Jorge: Regarding the parked Hummer, it was noted by some that had you actually parked in that position, you would never have been able to emerge from it.
Who parked the Hummer?
Does the Hummer actually belong to you?
what list was Jack not on?
Hey Hurley - I think you are correct about 'the little boy' being young Jacob becuase you said 'who has blood on their hands?' Well, Jacob DOES because of all the 'candidates' he has brought to the island and their names are 'crossed off' I still think the biggest reveal has been the paper Cesar found in Ben's office which matches Daniel's journal. I call it Event Probability Theory :)
I am so glad I found this podcast - Hurley has always been my favorite Lostie! How about this theory - Hurley becomes the new Jacob and when all is said and done on the island in 2007, he goes back in time to put people's lives back to how they should've been if the old Jacob hadn't interfered which is what we are seeing in the flash sideways...
Jorge, you're a cool guy, and I think it's great that you're doing this podcast.
But how about some warning the next time the chick decides to drop Harry Potter spoilers. Not everyone has read all the books or seen all of the films to date. Jeez.
I guess that Sawyer pooped his pants when he saw Locke's ghost.
Great episode!
Cheers from Brazil!
You asked for short theories, well, here's mine...Jacob good, MIB evil. Neither can just go live off the island because they would make the world purely one or the other, but they can influence outside events a bit. Evil is always gonna be shifty & try to bend the rules. Both have to stay on the island though, to keep the balance intact. How 'bout that?!?
So I can't really take credit for a lot of this because Matthew was the master mind for this episode... however, one thing I noticed was how Kate was not on the wall. Can only men be "candidates?" And did you notice that the winning lottery numbers were next to the names not crossed off?
Next, if the MIB can take the form of other people, i.e. Alex or Remmi or Christian... Matthew wants to know how could the MIB be Christian? Because Christian was off the island when he was visiting Jack, and on the island the MIB said "I want to leave," leading to you think he is stuck on the island too.
Oh and remember when you guys were talking about the Godfather and how Jorge said who ever is the first to speak at a funeral is the killer......who was the first to speak when they buried Locke?!
rachel (someotherdummehs),
it took me forever to realize this was you. i was like, "first of all, who is using our "dummeh" word!? and second of all, why is this person speaking of someone named matthew as though i know who they're talking about!" but then, i stopped being a dummeh, and realized it was you. we'll discuss LOST theory when you get out here. and you can definitely try on the beard!
beth
I guess if you drink enough Dharma Whiskey who gives a flying rat's ass what's in their drawers. Flocke took one smell licked his finger and put it down. Must be some nasty Chit. I mean the Whiskey not Sawyer's Drawers, but then again......
about sawyer's poopy pants[χεσμένο σώβρακο]......
in greece we have many colon expressions:
χέστηκε από τον φόβο του
χέστηκε από την χαρά του
χέστηκε-έτσι σκέτα.
im not going to translate.:)
I too think Jacob was pulling a Dumbledore to Benjamin's Snape. Maybe its not completely the same, but he did not try to stop it. I also noticed the cave looked a lot like the cave in the Half Blood Prince with the Horcrux inside and the dementia-causing water.
Maybe Flash Sideways Locke went to visit Isaac of Uluru instead of the conference?
You two are so awesome. And I've been thinking Harry Potterish things about Jacob and Ben too, only I have to go back and listen to that part because I was listening to my mom and she *still* hasn't read the last book. But it seemed like we were kinda on the same page there. Only I think Jacob planned to have Ben kill him, but that Ben wasn't in on it. Anxious to see how that pans out.
Locke's funeral was the best funeral I have ever seen preserved on film. Absolutely perfect. I was so hoping Ben would give a eulogy, and it was even more perfect than I could have imagined. And Frank was the icing on the cake; I still bust out laughing any time I think about it.
I also thought Locke might be doing something else in Australia, sidekick22, I actually started a thread about it on the Fuselage, so that is kind of cool that we were thinking alike there.
I thought it was an interesting idea that Ilana thinks Ben is telling lies. I love Jorge Garcia's interpretation of Jacob's speech to Ilana. It made me laugh.
I also liked the "Maybe they're all named Jacob" theory--very "Princess Bride."
I love how sidekick22 really pays attention to the details.
sidekick is totally right about replacing the water tank. :)
Post a Comment