Boo! This episode of GJB is a spoooooooky one! It's our Halloween in February episode since we recorded it back in the witchy month of October, just a few days after Beth had her first official sighting of a real apparition. Onion ghosts, eerie background sounds, ghost stories and utter distraction. Oooo-weeee-oooo! Enjoy!
We recorded this episode on October 10, 2009.
Listen here: 605 The Lighthouse
There were a few very minor things we mentioned in the podcast that didn't exactly make it to air:
- "Hey this is Brian" - There was another message on David's voicemail from a buddy name Brian about having a sleep over.
- "Apollo candy is now Apollo soda" - The drink that David takes from the fridge was called an Apollo soda in the script but became unknown as he had his hand over it. "
- Claire's peanut butter" - In the description of Claire's hovel they mention that the empty peanut butter jar from Charlie is on one of the shelves.
Jorge with Claire's creepy squirrel baby!

Jorge in his trailer after they applied his "tattoo".

Manoa Falls hike trail where the scene with Hurley and Jack walking to the lighthouse was shot.

Jorge and I in his trailer waiting to go back to set (with the rad Dharma hat I got from Cuatro).

And for those who didn't see them back in October, here are some pics from our Halloween!
Our spoooooky yard, complete with fog.
Zombie crawling outta his grave!
Jorge, the cloaked crypt keeper, standing over a skeleton in our fireplace. (yes, the house we live in in Hawaii has a fireplace. weird, right?)
We had a pumpkin carving party with a bunch of friends.
This was Emerson's pumpkin.
And this was Jorge's.
55 comments:
Fascinating stuff that didn't make it to air!
This podcast was a great idea and Jorge has always felt like a presence in Lost fan podcast community so it's great to hear you guys get your own theorizing outlet in the fandom! I'm really enjoying it.
I like that Jorge is getting more air time..and I love that in the sideway flashes he is lucky and happy and doing good..I can't wait for each show..yet when it's over I'm filled with sadness as it's coming closer to the end..sigh*
Thanks to you both for the behind-the-scenes photos. Interesting stuff. ABC should do something like this when the show ends. Sob sob sniffle sniffle.
Loving the podcasts guys. It's great that for this season, I have two amazing podcasts to listen to. Plus, this one will never "take the week off."
Keep up the great work.
Wow Emerson and Jorge got some mad punkin carvin skills! On to the podcast now!
I loved the episode. I think i like the Jack-Hurley duo better than the Hurley-Miles from last season, though they also had a great scene in in the episode.
love the old school reference.
love all of hurley's lines, you have the best ones! overall, AWESOME!
my best scene is when Jack listens to David play the piano, though. amazing score, too, in the background. great great scene.
and loved the locations in this episode, since i've been:):)
thanks for the podcast and the blog, keep them coming!
Great podcast! And lost has been amazing so far this year. It's really great how they set things up years ago, and actually are paying it off in this final year.
I love the podcast theme song, and gotta say it reminds me of the Them Crooked Vultures song "Caligula" which is a great song.
Keep it going guys! Namaste!
Is it possible that "Shephard" on the list refers to Aaron? Even though Christian never married Claire's mother, both Claire's mother and Claire had children without getting married or changing their last names, so Aaron is actually a "Shephard."
Also..."Rousseau" was #20 on the wheel! Was that noted in the script or was that put in later? I didn't notice that name on the cave ceiling.
A friend of mine theorized today that the cave belongs to the MIB and the lighthouse belongs to Jacob. I don't know how that works out with "Jacob's ladder" leading into the cave, but it makes sense that one location would be dark and one light.
Love the podcasts, guys!
Emerson's pumpkin reminds me of Ben
Loved it! And loved hearing Nunu!
The GJB podcast is a GJB blast! Thank you both!
: ) P
Hi! please read this brand new theory
http://thepenislost.blogspot.com/2010/02/big-pen-theory.html
lost it's all about pens!!
and in this last episode jacob himself ask for a pen!!!
kisses from italy!!
I looked up the Magical Island.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Island_(radio)
It's still available for listening.
http://www.archive.org/details/OTRR_Magic_Island_Singles
http://www.whenlifewassimpler.com/otr%20shows/magic_island.htm
Emerson's pumpkin looks just like him!
Thanks for showing us pictures from the set! It really makes the viewing experience more exciting. Oh, and Claire's new baby- what a cutie! ;)
Great podcast- thanks so much!
Favorite quote of the episode, "I lied to a samurai."
Awesome podcast as usual. Watch out for that damn ghost. Next time he might throw the DS right at you lol. Maybe you shoulda gotten him a ticket to the Emmy's, that's probably why he was pissed.
MY SMALL THEORY:
I think the Island wanted this alternate reality to exist for some greater purpose that will have an effect on the main reality.
I think the entire season will build up to this until the finale when this purpose will be revealed, and the alternate reality will presumably cease to exist.
Great podcast, your 'page 33' bit was funny.
Thanks for this podcast. It's really entertaining. Jorge, you have been really great on the show this year. You always get some of the funnier lines on the show.
The best non-LOST part of this post was the random Halloween things in the background. WHAT WAS THAT?!?!? You guys should do some ghost hunting! LOL
Funny stuff, Beth sees ghost, and you don't believe her yet you play Hurley who sees dead people. Ironic?
Your yard was awesome! I love the jack-o-lanterns! Emerson's was awesome. Tell someone to get you out of that red shirt please since I hear red shirts die.
Really loving the podcast! My cousin and I just call the "fake" Locke "Monster Locke" lol :-)
Hey guys, I just wanted to add this point. Sidekick22 (Beth?) you seem pretty confident that Christian is Fake Locke. BUT! When Claire is talking with Jin, she TOTALLY refers to the people accompanying her as "my father and my friend". This suggests that FAKE LOCKE and Christian TOTALLY are not the same person! wtf?!
- Lina
Great stuff again, guys!
I love that the writing on Hurley's arm is really Jorge's handwriting. I love little stuff like that.
I dig the Haunted Mansion intro! I probably listen to that more times than I should throughout the year (especially the Haunted Mansion Holiday version).
I enjoyed the conversation about the differences between Claire and Danielle's shelters. Mostly because i replaced the word shelter with "lady bits".
I love your podcast! Thanks for reaching out to the fans this way. It's clear you two are fans of the show, too -- trying to figure out what's going on :).
Two things:
1. Would you consider posting transcripts of the show (or asking Lostpedia to do it) so deaf fans can be privy to your awesome behind the scenes perspective?
2. Do you plan to do a re-watch with GJB podcasts about previous seasons? (Do you still have all the scripts??)
Loved the haunted mansion opening.
If it turns out that the lighthouse was the method by which Jacob and Richard were always able to leave the island to visit the candidates, would that mean Jacob wanted Jack to break those mirrors so Smokey/Locke couldn't leave the island that way?
Also, it was Jack who said Adam and Eve were male and female. Female skeletons are different from males. I was surprised he didn't mention that to Hurley.
I really enjoy your podcast.
The David music question. I took it as Jack wanted to play music but wasn't allowed to persue it. He had to follow in Daddy's footsteps. The real point was that unlike Christian, Jack would fully support David and believed in him. Has nothing to do with who the mother of David is.
I described Claire's weird baby as a skeleton baby boar. Squirrel baby is more creepy. Really like the podcast and the pictures. :D
On one of the sites I belong to I mentioned that I think the other man in Sarah's life is actually Jack..in a different time line and they are crossing paths. So..she was actually pregnant by Jack. So now there's David! No one responded to me way back when so I just blew it off..now I think I may be correct!
My main question is, why did Richard tell Sun that he saw them all die?
Hey guys, I really enjoy your blog, listening to your podcasts, and getting the inside stories and photos. Can't wait to listen you your next one. Thanks!
Hi! I just wanted thank you guys for doing these podcasts. I really enjoy them!! You are both fun to listen to, and I love hearing you theorize on the same things we fans think about. LOL. You're both so personable, I feel like we've been invited into your home once a week. Great job, and thanks for all the time you put into it!!
Thanks for the Shout out Guys!!! I'm really enjoying the podcasts, Keep it up!
When I saw what was in that baby carriage I jumped. Maybe Claire's "friend" should let her know that thing is effin' creepy.
Squirrel baby will haunt my dreams forever...
Thanks for another great podcast! I love that you are trying to figure it all out as much as we are. Your red shirt is KILLING me though; every week I plead with Hurley "CHANGE YOUR SHIRT!"
Another great podcast!
I loved this episode. They found a great kid to play David. Jack had me in tears in the scene outside the concert hall.
But you guys were very modest about how awesome Hurley was in this episode. Great lines all around. My favorite was Hurley telling Jacob off:
- I got ink in my forehead? That's all you have to say?
Srly :D
I took it as a personal advice when Jorge told Betty he hoped some part was as important as she was making it to be... In my case, 80% aren't.
Well, if Claire's "baby" looked anywhere as good as a rocket it would be OK.
Perhaps the inhaler found outside the caves is the last one Shannon had and she threw it away when she finished it. Shannon doesn't recycle ;)
What if in this "flash sideways" Faraday is a girl and David's mother, OOHohhOHHH, hey, it explains the music.
Love the podcast! Just thought I would let you know that Jack's exercise bike isn't from the future, it's just a recumbent bike. I have one just like it. There's no handles in the front because you can just hold on near the seat. Just wanted to clear that up for you.
i want me some apollo soda!!
I heard about the Tsunami warning this morning...Stay safe Jorge and Beth!
Wow, am I glad I began listening to your podcast (finally!) That was awesome :D
I love how me and Jorge agree on a lot of things others find silly (that Smokey is stuck because Locke's body was buried, how Jacob may be in Sayid, etc).
I also love the little side-banter you guy have going with each other :) it's so cute!
Finally, it's strange because you are in a timeskip just like Lost was/is - recording this in October then releasing it now :) pretty cool I think.
I'm enjoying this alot - now to go listen to episodes 1 through 4 =D
- Chris
- lostquestions23@gmail.com
- superduperstream.blogspot.com
Great episode guys. It's fantastic to hear how in-sync you are with what the regular fans of the show are going through.
Sidekick, once again your comments are spot on. I also don't get why at this point in the show they are still introducing completely unnecessary mysteries into the story. David's mom could have been easily cleared up in one line of dialogue, and I doubt it will be that pivotal a plot point aside from the initial surprise of who it is.
I agree with Jorge though that it wont be important to the plot. I wish I could agree that each line of dialogue would be "un-wasted" in this race to the end, but from the past 3 episodes, it feels like they aren't too concerned about "wasting" time.
Dear Jorge,
Thank you so much for doing this podcast--and the teensy view into your life on Lost! I had the chance once to meet Mr. Martin Sheen at the Warner Bros. studio, and you certainly share a casual, classy approach to interaction with us fans (albeit you're taking the tech route). Heck, I even remember the few times you called into the Lostcasts podcast, back when I was a rabid fan of their show. Anyway, thanks again for reaching out to us fans--may you have the same success as Mr. Sheen. Take care!!!!
Hey guys!
Loved your podcast! I'm curious though...were did Sidekick22 get that Dharma hat? It's wicked cute. I'd love to buy one.
Also, Jorge, I know you are of Chilean descent so I hope you didn't have anyone affected by the Earthquake. Both my parents are Chilean and luckily my family over there is completely safe. What is happening in Chile is heartbreaking, but glad to know that Hawaii was barely damaged by tsunamis.
Can't wait for tomorrow's episode and podcast!
All the best,
Bel
I just tucked my litte girl (and me) in the bed and wanted to listen to your podcast while I fall asleep. But suddenly I heard my name and sat in the bed within a second.*g* Thanks for reading my Email and share your thoughts. Hope you visit Munich again one day :-)
Jorge....
YOu have to tell us how Awesome it was to be in an episode directed by Mario Van Peebles... I LOVE THAT GUY!!!!
Yes! Last comment!
I just about collapsed laughing when I saw the inhalers. Absolutely hilarious!! My parents thought I was nuts.
So the peanut butter jar didn't make it to the screen? Because that is totally sweet, and a detail I really love. If it was there I didn't notice it.
Squirrel Baby is terrifying - and I *love* squirrels.
Definitely on board with the Room of Requirement idea. And could the lighthouse mirror be like the Mirror of Erised?
I wish I had that canine translator from The Simpsons so I could understand what Nunu was saying.
Jacob and Hurley are a total dream team. *Love* their scenes together.
Also, love the spooky opening, and all the Halloweeny touches. I don't mind a little late October in March. But you should do something Irish for the current-day part of your podcast in two weeks, especially since it'll probably go up on St. Patrick's Day.
P. S. I think the identity of Jack's ex-wife will prove very important, and that the music thing is really significant. I hope there's a connection to Daniel. Also, I LOL'ed over the "who is his mother" clause and had the same initial reaction as Jorge. Jack's son is his mother... Now that's even weirder than "I'm my own grandpa!"
It's really great to hear that you guys have the same reactions as we do at home.
And I couldn't agree more with the comment that at this point in the show, each and every scene is important and should be giving us answers...
Badass pumpkin dude, it totally puts Michael Emerson's to shame :-P Not that Emerson's wasn't good, of course!
Thank you dear people for this awesome podcst. I have a question, which is bothering my restive mind since decades: Is actually Apollo Soda an equivalent to Slusho?
And (more important) do you know, will Slusho appear on LOST? This would be grandious.
I'm still behind in these, but I'm plugging away at them! I really enjoy listening to them. :)
Jorge Garcia has a decent evil laugh.
Some interesting observations and questions at the beginning of the podcast.
The part about Hurley writing on his arm was interesting, how they made it into a temporary tattoo.
I love how sidekick22 keeps questioning--"I hope so." I laughed a lot during the ghost segment and ongoing Halloween stuff.
I also love the details that sidekick22 was finding--basically saying a lot of the same things that I have been thinking. I agreed that each page must be important, that it must all be building towards a pay off.
I love that Jorge Garcia thought to just flip to a random page and look at every detail.
"That means at this exact moment, someone else on the island is building a golf course." Hahaha.
"But those decay." Hahaha. Jack said one was a woman in the original episode.
I love the lesson on "gobsmacked." The writers must be getting such a kick out of listening to these when you mention specific words.
Post a Comment