Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Episode #608 Recon

Welcome back to our podcast for episode #608 "Recon". Unfortunately there wasn't any Hurley in last night's episode but there was more squirrel baby and also a dash of Sidekick22!

We recorded this episode on November 29, 2009.


Listen here: 608 Recon


This was my last episode as an Ajira survivor. We spent a good three hours on the ground getting bit by sand fleas, lying on top of each other, holding our breath, and trying not to blink. It was a good day.


Here are some pics from the scene where Josh comes upon the pile of dead Ajira passengers with me on the lower left.




Here I am right after I died:







More fake bodies. They were SO heavy:





This chick had some rad makeup going on:



It was a good thing that none of us were shy. We all laid on top of each other for about three hours:




Waiting for the next take:



24 comments:

Lelefunk said...

Hola jorge, supongo que sabes lo que paso acá en Chile, tuvieron algún problema derivado de eso????, supe que hubo una alerta de tsunami por allá. Ojala estés bien, te felicito por tu trabajo.

Guinevere said...

For some reason, the podcast isn't loading in ITunes. It starts and then stops just as quickly. That's okay. I'll listen to it here on the blog. :-D

Anonymous said...

FYI-I'm getting an error message from Itunes that an unknown error (8006) has occurred and cannot dl the newest episode.

Guinevere said...

Oops! This one was only about 5 seconds long. It didn't even finish the opening.

Unknown said...

amazing guys!!

KhalidK said...

This episode won't download on itunes. It shows up on my podcasts window, but won't download. I blame a vast off-island conspiracy.

Unknown said...

LOL... I KNEW I Saw you in that pile! That's hilarious!!!

Brown Sparrow said...

Hey random Ajira passenger, did that smoke thing kill you?

Mischa said...

Sawyer didn't help because he didn't want anyone to know he was in Australia, remember? LAPD definitely would have figured out he wasn't in Palm Springs if he was walking out of a plane with Charlie and bringing him in.

Dave said...

Dude! I think Dave was totally the smoke monster. Here's why. Hurley can see dead people. Libby was in the crazy house with Hurley. Libby had a husband named Dave. We find out Libby's husband is dead when Libby lets Desmond use her boat.

Ben said...

You guys talked about Sawyer not jumping in to intervene with Charlie but didn't talk about the fact that he helped Kate when he knew she was a prisoner in custody on the plane.

At the time we thought that was in his character but he's a cop so that doesn't make as much sense to me. I guess now that they are facing each other again we may see what comes of that.

As far as taking the sub goes, Sawyer is a planner and has lots of experience with the "long cons". He may already have a plan to get Ben to help with the sub and figures he must know how to operate it since he used to have his very own.

I assumed that everything in both timelines was the same up to the time of the explosion in the 70's. So Dr Chang would have been there at the hatch when Juliet made everything fade out. Maybe Miles's dad is his step-dad. Since he was only one year old he might not even know.

Wait. Sidekick you haven't seen Star Wars OR Cool Hand Luke?!?

mrs.mao said...

Love your podcasts! I liked when the chick at the beginning of the show called Sawyer "dimples". The whole nickname thing was turned on him.

Kevin said...

Very convincing dead person Beth. What was your motivation in this scene? ;)

Oh, and I've always wondered about the holding breath thing for the people that play dead. Do they give you any pointers on that?

Poptart said...

Can I ask you guys a totally random and general Lost question? (Ugh, is this the best forum for it?) Well here goes: I notice the first creator name in the credits is Jeff Lieber, but he seems to be uninvolved now - articles I find, etc., only talk to the other two...so I am just wondering what the background there is, and if he was ever involved with the series. Thanks in advance! And, not at all secondarily, thanks for the great podcasts, blogs, everything. I'm new to the show and watched the whole series in a very short time frame, sort of in my own obsessed quest, and it's so cool to see that there are cast members/people close to the show who are so involved, so open, and who are enjoying it so much!!

beema said...

Oh man, I wrote out a really detailed response to the podcast, hit submit, got an error and it was all wiped! :'(

I guess I will just say, great podcast as usual, can't wait for next week, and Sidekick - watch some freakin movies already!

Unknown said...

Sawyer didn't go to Australia to kill Duckett in flash-time. Pre-flash he went because an old con buddy named Hibbs sent him. In flash-time Sawyer probably would not have known Hibbs, and if he did it would have had something to do with Hibbs being busted by Sawyer, so I doubt sawyer would make him a confidant in his quest against Anthony Cooper. Also, he comes back knowing the name Anthony Cooper, if he was lying he would have had to somehow stumbled on that name after he killed Duckett. Since Sawyer has been dealing with opposites in his flash, from con-man to cop, from loner to good friends with Miles, from ladies man who cares about no one, to apologizing to Charlotte etc. It's likely that the tip, instead of being false, turned out to be true, and led him to the name Anthony Cooper. Plus why lie in the midst of having a touching moment with Miles?

I want a buddy cop show spin-off of Lost, just saying.

And Sidekick, you look seriously creepy in that first picture.

P.S. Sorry for the long post.

Eduardo Guize said...

Doesn't that guy in Little House on the Prairie look like sexy Widmore?

Cindy said...

Sorry to hear of your demise Beth :)

Regarding Sawyer, he's a pro at taking submarines! He already took over a sub with Juliette and Kate. Perhaps he learned how to drive a sub when he made the sub captain drive him back to the island at gunpoint.

You blew my mind when you reminded me that Miles was born on the island. I didn't even think about that. And while we're at it, Charlotte was born on the island too. So I guess Miles and Charlotte became buddies on the island and now Miles tried to hook her up with Sawyer.

Oh and Cudahy! Woot my old hometown!

Curt Rogers said...

I know you guys are aware of the iTunes problem and are hard at work on a solution, but I'm jonesin' because I can only listen in the car on my iPod. Hurry hurry hurry! You're killing me!

Mr. Y said...

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jeffrey_Lieber for the guy who wanted to know about Jeffrey Lieber.

Brian said...

I love that you died with your tongue out, Beth. That's the way I want to go.

Poptart said...

(Re: Lieber - I can't believe I didn't check Lostpedia first, sorry!) But I also want to say that the itunes podcasts are working great for me and I listened to one last night right before bed...it was like you two were reading me a bedtime story! Thanks GJB!

Unknown said...

Hehe...this reminds me of that scene from AIRPLANE in which the stewardess (or pilot) asks the passengers to assume the "crash position."

:-P

zep said...

Sidekick22, re your idea that Demon Locke still may have some residual Locke inside him, he does say "Don't tell me what I can't do!!!" to someone, a classic Locke quote if ever I heard one.
On the other hand, Demon Locke also said to someone that he used to be a human being once, so he may also have had a crazy mom. (All The Best Characters Have Mommy Issues?)