This may just be the grossest GJB podcast that we've done thus far. Sorry.
We recorded it over Christmas in Milwaukee and the cold weather got the best of us. Jorge was pretty sick during it. Two days later Sidekick22 was in the emergency room with a 104 fever and an ear infection. Our sincerest apologies for Jorge's constant sniffling (among other things) and the overall stuffiness of this episode.
We recorded this podcast on December 26, 2009.
Listen here: 610 The Package
Here are some pics from our Milwaukee Christmas.
Jorge had never made a snowman but decided that his first snow sculpture would be a snowbear.


Sidekick22 and Brother22 at Candy Cane Lane!

Sidekick22 miserable in the hospital.






30 comments:
Those mustaches are DA BOMB!!! And they look really cute on a 4 year old boy. Removal is not so fun for the boy but his mom sure did laugh as she whipped it like a sticky band aid.
OH MY GOD.. That whole part of "don't move, your making it stink!!" made me cry at work for like 5 minutes strait hahahahaah
You can come scrape my windows anytime (After so many years of living in Michigan--I am really over scraping windows)
MILWAUKEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????
why are you in milwaukee and can we hang out the next time you are here :)
*No One* would play Settlers with you!!! I cannot believe that. Tragic.
Wow, that podcast was really viral, guys. *sniff*
Good stuff as usual guys! It must be so weird and hard for you now to discuss this stuff, knowing the ending!
Hearing Beth say she is satisfied with the ending made me feel a bit relieved though. She seems like the bigger skeptic out of you two, and I'm generally pretty skeptical as well.
re: Richard and the Purge, when I first saw the purge episode, my reading was that Richard was more or less leading it. There's also the possibility that Widmore was still the leader of the Others at that point. Ben definitely seemed instrumental in it though, given his contempt for Dharma.
Hadn't though about the whole Ben/Juliette thing in a while. Given how obsessed and maniacal he was for her, I'd be surprised if he didn't feel something for her death.
"Reindeer are real... they can't fly though."
LOL
3 people shy - three candidates: Jack, Hurley, Sun. He already has Jin, Sawyer, Sayid, Kate with him.
Beth -- I totally asked the same thing about Mr. Paik. Why go to such convoluted lengths to kill Jin?
dang Jorge, that sucks about the airport security. Considering how much you have to fly especially.
The Waterpik sounded like the hatch about to implode!
lol
you guys are so silly with the out of context notes, and then looking out the killer tomatoes theme!
LOL
"oh my god, you are sick"
that was pretty disturbing Jorge, but funny
you guys are too much :-D
Woohoo for the Safe House! Such a fun place to eat (how can anyone *not* like a restaurant with a secret passage?)
And Settlers of Catan rocks (tho' admittedly I think I prefer Carassonne...). Sorry you couldn't find anyone to play with you.
So did you tell Jorge the password for the Safehouse or did you make him suffer the consequences? Ha ha that place is great.
The Pogues and Deer Tick? I like your style.
Richard at one point in Ab Aeterno says, quite simply, "Murder is wrong," but he is somewhat easily persuaded to kill Jacob, so I wouldn't discount him from helping out with the Purge. Perhaps after 120 or however many years of living on the island his morals eroded like the statue (ohhh). He also helped kill U.S. Army personnel when they got to the island in the 50s to test Jughead, I think.
Sorry for blahblahblahing, just thought it was an interesting question.
smoke Locke and water - if he's bound by water, how did he go to alcatraz island to talk to widmore? he was on the bigger, regular island, not alcatraz with the cages and stuff.
Just a thought on the confusion over Smokey's impersonations of dead people: it seems like he can either scan people for their memories and impersonate people from their past, or directly use the life/memories of actual dead people whose bodies are on the Island. So he can tap and use Locke's memories, but with Richard he scans the memory of Isabelle and impersonates her (trying to scare Richard based on what *he* thinks has happened (to her), but there was no indication she shared a real memory).
Just a thought. And thanks for the podcast. It's great fun.
Squeaky cheese curds are essential to a good poutine.
Sherriff of the whole state...Mustache must've made you a shoe-in. Great pics and podcast!
I'm just getting to listen now.
Thanks for doing this for us while you guys were on Vacation. I remember when Jorge originally posted those WI pics, I thought wow, cool, it makes sense that Jorge & Beth are so great together. She's from the Mid-west obcourse. :)
Anywho...Have you guys visited Chicago or anywhere down in IL, lately that is?
~B_W~
The way I interpreted Jin and Sun not being married was that Jin was Kwon and Sun was Paik. Meaning that Kwon on the list is Jin.
I'm not saying it's fact, but when watching I had one of those "ohhhhhhhh" moments at that point.
Konradsk
Did you take the secret exit out of Safe House through the phone booth?
Also did Jorge leave a picture for their Wall of Fame? He'd look good next to the picture of Jeremy Bulloch's signed Boba Fett picture.
Wow, I was in Milwaukee visiting my girlfriend's family this Christmas, too. What a small world. I hope you loved Wisconsin!
Man you are great, GO GO JORGE!! I LOVE YOU
My wife and I love Settlers of Catan. Anytime you need people to play with we're ready.
Keamy said something about living happily ever after. Since that is the title of the next episode, I hope the episode isn't as tragically ironic like Keamy's comment-
I promise I won't tell Paik about you two- because he already knows- in fact it's the reason I'm getting the money- to kill you because you're involved with Sun...
RE: The statue pieces, maybe we don't see the pieces because the island has been moved before, leaving the giant statue pieces behind.
1. That snowbear is awesome
2. Sidekick 22 and I have the same, immature sense of humor ("and then he's like, 'let me show you my PACKAGE.' boom!")
3. That whole converstaion about the baby crawling out & being born with teeth = hilariousness
Hi! I loved the podcast and episode. My husband and I love to play Settlers of Catan, and Cities and Knights etc. If you ever want to play pull up a chair. And I am from the Portland area, there is a Milwaukie Oregon. I went there the other day.
I had a few comments about the episode. Desmond is wearing a read shirt, did you notice that? Hurley and Desmond both, hmm... I think the looking in the mirror is significant, don't know why yet. Poor Sun, hope she is okay.
My question is about the finale and the script, What does it say? J/K My real question is, What happens if you are in the final scene, Do you get the script that day? Thanks!
Jenny from Portland
I'm so excited to find GJB, thank you for taking the time to do this! Accessible celebrities (especially ones who aren't selling or proselytizing) are so very cool. Can't wait to get to a better wireless area to hear the podcast!
Hey Jorge, that is one awesome snow bear!! Love the pics, and that bar sounds way cool.
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES!!! Awesome.
Hey guys, love the shows and the podcasts! The reason Jin is taken away at the airport in Customs is because he didn't declare the money on his form. You must declare $10,000 (or its foreign equivalent) or more upon entering the US. I know it's well after the fact, but...just to answer that burning question.
Settlers of Catan is awesome. I'd totally be up for playing a real life game. ;)
@sidekick22 The password is "i'm looking for a safehouse"
lol i love that restaurant, you should have a birthday there, it's crazy!
Post a Comment