Cool. But I'm confused. Maybe it's because I'm tired. It was never revealed that Kate's name was crossed out on the show, right? I remember a podcast after The Substitute, I think, where Damon and Carlton said that her name should have been there? Or maybe the was Jorge.
I see.... will Jorge and yourself be able to upload the unedited Podcasts once the finale is shown? It'd be great to hear about stuff that perhaps didn't make the final cut? Thanks - look me up if you guys ever make it to Vancouver
While I am sure you probably just delete them, I, for one, think it would be cool to hear the parts of the podcast edited for spoiler's sake, perhaps after the finale. I really enjoy the writing on the show and this type of exposure to the scripts is a rare treat for fans of good TV writing. Thanks.
Ok Sidekick Beth, I just read your comment (LOLprobably should have done that first before my last post)... why was this a big deal? Because it wasn't really supposed to be crossed out? I had heard there was something with the editting of the episode that the viewer didn't see this in the cave shots.
Say WHAT? Mind sufficiently blown! I wonder if they just changed their minds in post or if it was to intentionally keep people on the set out of the loop? Strange!
Last i heard, C and D gave head's up via podcast that this was extant and edited for time's sake. Cool to see the picture, but my mind remains unblown : (
Now, if you want to tell me why her name's still un-crossed on the lighthouse dial......... : D
Ohhhh! What does it meannnnnn? Wonder why they didnt show it?? I thought I heard Darlton say somewhere they regretted not showing Kate's name on the wall
Despite what Locke intimated to Sawyer, I think this is his cave and he has lost his faith in Kate for his purposes. However, I believe the Lighthouse is Jacob's and for whatever reason he still believes she is a candidate for him.
My other (possibly better) idea is that maybe Kate did something after Jacob died but before Sawyer saw her name; something that caused her to be crossed out. Jacob was dead and unable to cross her name out at the lighthouse, but Locke was alive and crossed her out at his cave.
My theory is that the cave is Smokey's and the Lighthouse is Jacob's so I don't think the island is done with Kate just quite yet. I think this does mean that Smokey/MIB/Lockeness won't hesitate to use her and/or kill her to get to the other candidates. And thanks for these podcasts by the way. Its one of thew few things that are blocked by the company firewall and I love listening to them on the days when I'm working alone.
I think we'll learn that Kate IS a Candidate (and maybe the twist will be that she will replace Jacob, not Jack). I recall in an OLP that Damon said that the discrepancy between the cave and lighthouse lists was perhaps due to Jacob trying to "...throw the monster off his scent." So, Jacob crossed her name off so that MIB wouldn't bother with her. Lostpedia doesn't have the full transcript up for that podcast, but JoshMeister has the quote up at his blog: http://j.mp/cG7an9 -- (search for the word "misdirection" and that'll take you right to the transcript).
57 comments:
this is part of the reason why we had to edit SO much out of that episode's podcast.
Consider it blown. I see a Pace below that...so sad.
I think it was also on the lighthouse. Confusing. So crossed-out doesn't necessarily mean dead...or does it?
Cool. But I'm confused. Maybe it's because I'm tired. It was never revealed that Kate's name was crossed out on the show, right? I remember a podcast after The Substitute, I think, where Damon and Carlton said that her name should have been there? Or maybe the was Jorge.
Awww, that wasn't really in the cave. Are you trying to trick us?
I see.... will Jorge and yourself be able to upload the unedited Podcasts once the finale is shown? It'd be great to hear about stuff that perhaps didn't make the final cut? Thanks - look me up if you guys ever make it to Vancouver
Woah.
Love the podcast you guys! You have a fan in Egypt :).
What do you mean? Because it shows Kate's name crossed out?
I'm really wondering what took away her viability as a candidate. Hopefully they'll explain it, or hint at it.
Mind = Blown.
She's not crossed out in the lighthouse though...
I think this was already pointed out at http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
At the risk of sounding really stupid, I'm not sure why this is so mind blowing. Wasn't that on the wall in the episode where they showed the cave?
While I am sure you probably just delete them, I, for one, think it would be cool to hear the parts of the podcast edited for spoiler's sake, perhaps after the finale. I really enjoy the writing on the show and this type of exposure to the scripts is a rare treat for fans of good TV writing. Thanks.
JMP
mind blown...........
lol
but isn't "Austen" still on the lighthouse wheel?
I don't get it. 51 is not one of the numbers???
I don't understand, why is she number 51?
Well that answers that then! I am wondering though, why at the Lighthouse, was her name NOT crossed off? Hmmmm.
I don't get it? It's been known since the lighthouse episode, that Austen's number was 51.
http://www.monkeystar.com/images/random/lost51austen.jpg
Or am I missing something?
Ok Sidekick Beth, I just read your comment (LOLprobably should have done that first before my last post)... why was this a big deal? Because it wasn't really supposed to be crossed out? I had heard there was something with the editting of the episode that the viewer didn't see this in the cave shots.
crossed out in the cave, but not in the lighthouse. Mysterious.
mind = blown
Thanks for the fun podcasts and pictures, guys!
Well, consider my mind blown. Day-um.
Hmmm does that mean she's gonna die ? after all other " crossed out people " are still alive on the island...
And some originally non-crossed people are not alive anymore !
Just totally lost xD
Thats pretty rad. But her name wasn't crossed off in the lighthouse, right? I have a theory that she's a wildcard.
But her name wasn't crossed off at the lighthouse.
Lighthouse blew my mind more.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/Leuthen2/Screencaps/S6E5_lighthouse_names002.jpg
Say WHAT? Mind sufficiently blown! I wonder if they just changed their minds in post or if it was to intentionally keep people on the set out of the loop? Strange!
what? i don't understand. we knew that kate's crossed out in the cave.
you confused me :/
I don't understand?
Aw, but her name is on Jacob's lighthouse.
AH-MA-ZING!! :D
Why did Kate get crossed out? What did she do to not be worthy? Now, that's one more question that probably won't be answered!!! AARRGGHH!
Wait which ep? And was her name visible when Locke showed Sawyer the list in the cave?
SHUSH BETH! I CANT HEAR YOU! LALALALALALALALALALA *remains minor/major spoiler free for one more day*
thats really cool beth!
i think that's pace written there too! which is also really cool.
I don't understand. On the show, they mentioned that Kate's name had been scratched out. Was that not in the script that you had?
Jorge espero no verte tachado en la cueva nunca. Saludos desde España!
are you guys going to release the un edited versions of your podcasts in the future?
I wonder why they didn't show it then... but then showed her name in the lighthouse circle one episode or so later o.o
why ?
Ah Charley!
Last i heard, C and D gave head's up via podcast that this was extant and edited for time's sake. Cool to see the picture, but my mind remains unblown : (
Now, if you want to tell me why her name's still un-crossed on the lighthouse dial......... : D
Wonder why they would cut that, still interesting though why she's not a candidate. Wonder what she could have done to be crossed out...
Is the number 51 or am I due back at my doctor's for an eye checkup?
I love this and all the podcasts..
Awesome. Thanks you guys for the blog & podcast & fun!
Kerpow
Ohhhh! What does it meannnnnn? Wonder why they didnt show it?? I thought I heard Darlton say somewhere they regretted not showing Kate's name on the wall
Very cool. Thanx for the photographic evidence. ;)
everybody dies?
This is not a spoiler, just my thoughts:
Despite what Locke intimated to Sawyer, I think this is his cave and he has lost his faith in Kate for his purposes. However, I believe the Lighthouse is Jacob's and for whatever reason he still believes she is a candidate for him.
My other (possibly better) idea is that maybe Kate did something after Jacob died but before Sawyer saw her name; something that caused her to be crossed out. Jacob was dead and unable to cross her name out at the lighthouse, but Locke was alive and crossed her out at his cave.
I hope I make sense.
Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but you do you think of that:
http://forum.lostpedia.com/anybody-notice-mib-bleed-candidate-t56363.html
My theory is that the cave is Smokey's and the Lighthouse is Jacob's so I don't think the island is done with Kate just quite yet. I think this does mean that Smokey/MIB/Lockeness won't hesitate to use her and/or kill her to get to the other candidates. And thanks for these podcasts by the way. Its one of thew few things that are blocked by the company firewall and I love listening to them on the days when I'm working alone.
Amazing!!
We couldn't see it on Lost.
I think we'll learn that Kate IS a Candidate (and maybe the twist will be that she will replace Jacob, not Jack). I recall in an OLP that Damon said that the discrepancy between the cave and lighthouse lists was perhaps due to Jacob trying to "...throw the monster off his scent." So, Jacob crossed her name off so that MIB wouldn't bother with her. Lostpedia doesn't have the full transcript up for that podcast, but JoshMeister has the quote up at his blog:
http://j.mp/cG7an9 -- (search for the word "misdirection" and that'll take you right to the transcript).
Pen
www.thewidmoregroup.com
Post a Comment