Thursday, May 6, 2010

Episode #614 The Candidate

Man, that was a lot of death. Poor Sayid, Sun, Jin and Lapidus :(


Some notes:
  • The opening scene that we discussed regarding Jack's foot was actually edited at the end of the last episode.
  • We've been told that the Dinner Impossible episode is scheduled to air on May 19th

We recorded this podcast on February 19, 2010.


Listen here: 614 The Candidate


Here are some pics from the sets of episode 614:








48 comments:

Dan Quayle said...

Ah, perfect timing! Now I have something to look forward to on my commute home! Thanks for a great podcast.

Anonymous said...

Cool Pics

mrs.mao said...

Thanks for pictures and making me cry all over again with the opening music. Boo Hoo.

Matt Cruea said...

So Frank's really gone? The show has lost its luster...

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Metal Dave said...

Ok....so where can I find the full version of "Life and Death" on ukulele? BRUTAL

Erin said...

Still have to listen to the podcast. For now, just wanted to say... Thanks for mentioning Frank! He really seems to have gotten the short end of the stick. I guess he picked the wrong week to croak.

Unknown said...

Thanks for this! I was dying to hear it yesterday.

Chafa said...

Holy crap, what do you mean "poor Lapidus"??? Why don't I remember him dying?

Unknown said...

Is Frank really dead?????????? Hope not!

Chafa said...

Now I remember! I guess I was so affected by Jin & Sun's death that I didn't remember Lapidus was on the sub too!

Are you sure he's dead, though? Until the show ends I'm gonna go with "no he's not dead"! How the hell are they gonna leave the island without him??

Anonymous said...

Screw the Miles and Sawyer cop spin-off, 'Dural Sac Jack' is now the post-Lost show I want to see the most.

Sidekick, I'm sort of bummed you didn't like the Anthony Cooper scene! It was definitely just for dramatic effect, but come on, it was so good! One of my favorites of the show. After all the pain he caused Locke and Sawyer in the main timeline, now in the alt he's totally incapacitated. Powerful stuff (I'd insert a theory here but I guess there's no point now, huh ;)). Either way, I'm definitely holding out hope for a scene where Sawyer meets Anthony Cooper

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff Sidekick 22 & Jorge! Thanks for all the hard work, effort and willingness to share your experiences.

JMC said...

Jorge, I just want to thank you for what is undoubtedly one of the best performances you have ever given. Your bawling at the end got my entire family crying in unison. The writers have created in Hurley someone we all sympathize with, and you have emotionally put it out there when Hurley is hurting deep inside. I know this comes off as kissing ass, but really, I have to pass along kudos when an actor moves me so. Continued success to you and of course lovely Sidekick22

BetsyBrett said...

Yes, Sidekick22 -- I said the same thing to a friend last night; that they should have gone with 24 episodes for Season 6! There will be too many things unanswered. I don't mind some remaining mystery, but I suspect there will be a few too many questions, or they'll be resolved too quickly, thereby making the answer rather disappointing.

Really enjoying the podcast! I love background info.

Jorge, I do believe you are pure evil for posting info on your blog about PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES! So addictive! :-)

Take care, folks...

Jon said...

Long time listener, first time caller. And I gotta say, I had to comment after hearing Sidekick22's Speak and Spell imitation. That was OUTSTANDING!!!! I about fell out of my chair!

Pri said...

I thought you forgot us, lostmaniacs!

Paul Inman said...

Awesome! You guys rock!! I will miss this when it's all over!

Brendan said...

watching hurley break down was the most painful moment in the entire run of Lost. I dont throw this around lightly, but that was an amazing moment of acting and character.

awesomeblossom said...

You guys are awesome. Love the cage pictures

wuidoks said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htY8haZMBIg&feature=related

Claire "Mox" Mockett said...

Speak and Spell.. LOL.. Awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Sidekick22's Speak-n-Spell impression was absolutely hilarious!! Especially with Jorge's reaction to apparently hearing it for the first time! I also laughed hard for several seconds at the Gremlins reference and the mental image of little Lockes popping out of Locke's stomach! And Stripe Locke! Oh, and I totally agree about the weirdness of people remembering their flight number, and I keep thinking the same thing whenever somebody mentions Flight 815 in the sideways timeline... a week after the flight?!? I'm sure they've gotten heck about that.

Thanks again for an awesome podcast!

Unknown said...

http://twiturm.com/h5282

"Life and Death" cover.

Jazzygirl said...

I haven't had a chance to listen yet but I will this weekend. I just wanted to put out there (like other people did) that when Hurley breaks down on the beach, it just killed me. I was in utter shock when four people died within minutes..I was still processing and then bam, Jorge delivers the most realistic emotions ever. Honestly, it looked like it wasn't acting. And I wouldn't blame you. When you and Evie were crying, I thought "they really are in mourning for the end". My stomach was twisted in knots that night and the next day, as if I experienced a real death. I need to re-watch it but I'm not quite ready to have my heart ripped out again. :)

Michelle said...

so Lapidus did die? jeez that episode was a hard pill to swallow. my theory is everybody has to die except Jack before you all can go back to some form of life.

PamIAm said...

Great podcast as usual! This episode was so hard to watch, it was heartbreaking. Jorge, when Hurley starting sobbing at the end, it was so emotional and I just wanted to say what a fantastic performance you gave.

Unknown said...

Hey Jorge & Sidekick22 :) Loved listening to your Lost podcast,was really great.You guys really made me laugh.:) Was also my first time listening,i only just found your page,which sucks a little seeing as Lost is nearly at the end. :(
Anyway´s... :) just wanted to say thank you to you both for sharing your adventures and giving us fans a chance to see who you really are.
i wish you all the best for the future and thanks again.

Claire Marie Garbett
xxx

F-Bomb said...

It's ok Jorge. Armpits are sexy.

California said...

Best part of the podcast was Jorge's utter astonishment and laughter at Sidekick's Speak and Spell rendition. That almost out of breath laugh was so contagious! Would have loved to have seen the look on your face during that.

Thanks for everything you guys do for your rabid and loyal fans.

Sharon said...

Definitely worth the wait! Speak and Spell....Gremlins...little John Lockes popping everywhere...this was just what I needed today! You guys are the best!

Leroy Brown said...

Thank you very much for this Jorge. From Portugal a big smile.

beema said...

okay, so...

1. Is this confirmation that Frank is dead!?

2. You guys are moving to Ireland?

3. The speak-n-spell & crying baby impressions... wow... stick a fork in me, I'm done! That was kind of scary but also hilarious.

On the episode:
I don't think they included that scene with Jack wiggling his toe a la Locke in the episode... would of been really cool if they did though.

Beth, once again I'm with you. The whole FS this episode felt kinda of pointless... like it had potential that never got explored.
I agree that the whole scene with Bernard felt forced and weird, and much of the FS just felt like squandered time that would of been better served elsewhere. Like you said, the only real point to it was finding out why Locke is in the wheelchair. I'm a bit surprised you guys weren't aware of the near universal dislike of kate/kate episodes though.

Also, the bamboo walkway up to the ajira plane... that totally felt absurd and way too ostentatious. I was focusing on it so much that I almost missed what Flocke was doing on the plane.

I also agree that the MIB wont leave the island via conventional means. This is how he immediately knew his plan had gone awry and that there were still candidates alive at the end of the epi... otherwise he would of just -poof- been able to leave.

Post-epi:
Remembering the flight number is also a good point Jorge! Nobody ever remembers that stuff.

Also agree that the sub CGI was probably the least-cheesy so far in the show.

Great episode guys, and after such a depressing Lost this week, it really perked me up. :)

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one to think of the song lyric "Smoke on the water" when Jorge & Sidekick was talking about Locke getting out of the water?

Edgard Cravo said...

Wonderful episode. Congratulations to all for The Candidate. A big hug from Brazilian fans.

Darcy78 said...

Thank you Jorge for the laughs and tears. Genuinely going to miss watching you and the others, good luck in the future!

Dani said...

I really cannot express my cosmic scaled annoyance at how The Lawnmower Man met his end. Frank deserved better than being doored. I think if I focus on being bitter, I'll be able to keep the crying at a minimum.

incessant_din said...

Thanks to the two of you for putting this together. Very cool, and I like the format for the podcasts. As for the flash-sideways... I figure we get a chance to see Keamy die, what, like 4 times, and see Anthony Cooper catatonic. Those scenes restore my faith in the Lost universe's sense of fairness.

ReNaTo UêGa said...

Oh man I'm so sad! Poor Jin, Sun, Lapidus and Sayid ².
Poor Hurley crying on the beach!
I gonna cry...
And... Bethy, don't push it! WARNING! Otherwise you will cry too. LOL
=)

Fanimaniac said...

Jen - when Locke fell in the water I actually sang "Smoke in the water..." OUT LOUD. Good thing only my cat was around to hear it. :)

Jorge and Beth - another great podcast. I hope when the new "Dispatches from the Mainland (or Ireland)" starts up you'll occasionally put up an audio link with the two of you talking about, well, anything. :) It's always fun to listen to you!

And I also am in the camp that hopes we haven't seen the last of Lapidus!

dee said...

When Hurley lost it, I lost it. Great job. I laughed, I cried, it became a part of me. Keep on rockin the Dural Sac Jack.

Unknown said...

Loved the episode and loved the podcast...you guys are awesome and must keep doing podcasts after the show is over ;)

And for the ones saying that was the first time Hurley cried...he cried twice in the show if i remember well...when Libby dies and when Charlie dies

Fanimaniac said...

Widmore's crew didn't build that ramp -- it was a "green" prefab they brought with them on the sub!

Oh, and the word verification I have to type to post this is "sucks" Seems apropos... (sucks that the show ending, not that the episode sucked...)

Unknown said...

hi guys. i just listened to your last podcast and wanted to comment on how everybody knows the flight number 815.
well, that is not very uncommon for international flights, when usually there is one flight to take, like the istanbul-jfk delta flight in the morning is DL 72 and the flight back is DL73.

love your podcast. love the show. love hurley:)

rina
from istanbul

Anonymous said...

Hey! hope all you were good-manner with the tecnic staff.
In the last photo the soundman want going to alpert's hell..

i'm a soundman too, and i can tell you the mic is quite quite like a cow in the flanges.

best regards from spain ;)

Sara Bellum said...

Ha. Too funny. The flight number is a great point. I was on a flight last Thursday and I had to check mine three times and I still forgot it once I got off the plane.

And I was holding out hope for Frank too. Damn. I liked me some Chesty.

anomaly said...

Jack! Jack! He'll fix your sack!
(Not THAT one, perv! Your DURAL sack!)
When your nerves fall out like a pasta pile,
He'll only panic for a while,
Then get a grip and fix it right,
You'll be up and dancin' by that night!
Jack's da bomb, he can fix it all,
from a bullet wound to a nasty fall,
He's the candidate with what it takes,
to foil the plans that Smokey makes.

Kevin said...

Speak & Spell for the win! That was awesome. As was the baby cry.